PRIVACY DATA POLICY
This website, https://abapweb.org/ (“the website”), is operated by ABAP – The Association of Black Arbitration Professionals, [Place of Registration: Delaware, USA,], led by the ABAP Founding Members Committee.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By visiting https://abapweb.org/ you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you, whether directly or indirectly, including, without limitation, your name, gender, address, email address, phone number and any other contact information that you may voluntarily submit to us.
For the purpose of applicable data protection laws, the data controller is The Association of Black Arbitration Professionals, [Place of Registration: Delaware, USA,], led by the ABAP Founding Members Committee.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect Personal Information from our day-to-day contact with you and other supporters of The Association of Black Arbitration Professionals and the public. Personal Information is gathered in a range of ways including by emails, business cards, written correspondence, telephone calls and through the Website (for example, by filling the membership forms on our Website in order to become a ABAP – The Association of Black Arbitration Professionals – member).
INFORMATION YOU MAY PROVIDE TO US
Each time you visit the Website we may automatically gather the following information:
- technical information about your computer such as domain name, browser type and version, operating system and platform, IP address, cookie information and time zone setting; and
- information about your visit including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), what web pages you visited on the Website and how long you spend on each page, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), page response times, download errors, traffic data, location data, weblogs, history of resources accessed on the Website, methods used to browse away from the page and information on what websites you visited before accessing the Website.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use your Personal Information for the following reasons:
- to administer the ABAP website including adding new signatories to the ABAP membership;
- internal record-keeping;
- to publicize your support of The Association of Black Arbitration Professionals, if applicable;
- to analyze how you use the Website and to identify how the Website could be improved, in particular, to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to provide you with the information that you request from us;
- to send you promotional emails about new campaigns or other information which we think you may find interesting (where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes); and
- as part of our effort to keep the Website safe and secure.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff outside the EEA who work for us. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. By submitting your Personal Information, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not share Personal Information collected through our Website with unrelated third parties, except as provided in this Policy. We may share Personal Information with companies that we contract with to perform services for us, such as assisting us with our mailing campaigns or other data processing, where they need your Personal Information to perform the service for us. These companies are not authorized to keep or use your Personal Information for any other purpose.
We aim to ensure that your Personal Information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures to safeguard and secure the Personal Information we collect.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us here.
We will not sell or distribute your Personal Information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your Personal Information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND CORRECTION
You have the right to delete or rectify any inaccurate information about you by logging into your profile and making those changes directly.